Child welfare services

Office location: Rådhuset, Rådhusplassen 1, 5580 Ølen

Opening hours: 08:00 - 15:30

Tel: 53 65 56 00

Mailing address:

Vindafjord kommune, Barnevernstenesta

Rådhusplassen 1, 5580 Ølen

Unit leader: Dan Jørgen Eide


You are welcome to contact the child welfare service with questions about


  • Challenges to parenting roles

  • Family interaction conflicts

  • Children/youth with behavioral problems

  • Children/young people with emotional problems

  • Children and/or parents with drug or alcohol problems

  • Families with limited personal and professional networks

  • Children of mentally ill parents

  • Failure-of-care issues/abuse

  • Adolescent under 18 years of age with drug or alcohol problems

  • Violence at home

  • Sexual abuse/incest

  • Criminality issue


Initiatives most used by the child welfare services are:


  • Parental guidance and counseling

  • Social workers or milieu therapists who  work in family homes

  • Visitation homes

  • Family relief work

  • Personal support contact persons

  • Day-care space and after-school recreational programs available

  • Economic support

  • Foster homes as relief measures

  • Interaction teams/Responsibility for coordination

  • Guidance for municipal employees etc.

  • Further referrals to: BUP, BUF, Family Counseling Services office etc.

  • Transfer of custody rights


Other information:


  • We work according to legislation laid down in the Norwegian Child Welfare Services Act

  • Work done by the Child Welfare Services is a mixture of support and control functions

  • Measures must be carried out in the child's best interest

  • The Child Welfare Services has the special task of caring for the children with the biggest challenges

  • All notifications of concern are handled as quickly as possible, no later than one week after it was reported. If necessary, a detailed examination will be carried out within 3 months and any necessary measures will be initiated

  • Most measures are considered voluntary

  • Transfer of custody is seldom used as intervention; as a rule it is best for a child to grow up in his or her own home


Parents, municipal employees, neighbors and others are welcome to contact us for guidance or to discuss any question.





Vindafjord kommune
Rådhusplassen 1,
5580 Ølen
E-post :
: 53 65 65 65

: 53 65 65 66
: 988893226
: 3207.30.01799
: 1160
: 08.00-15.30